Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What's for dinner?

My kraft magazine came in the mail last week. I usually don't make the recipes in it, but I like to look through it to get ideas. Then I look for different recipes that don't use cream cheese or soup in them. I had one hour on Monday where I didn't have to take the kids grocery shopping with me so I hurried and made a list from the kraft magazine and other things that are quick and easy. Everyday this week we are having soup in some form or another.

My menu
  • Hawaiian Hay stacks (made with cream of chicken)
  • Chicken enchiladas (made with cream of mushroom)
  • Chicken pot pie(made with cream of chicken)
  • French dip (made with beef consume)
  • Soup and bread bowls (not Campbell's, Homemade)
  • Shepherd's Pie (okay not soup, but it does have cream cheese)

I know! But it will probably happen again. It was worth the hour of alone time.

8 comments:

Chell said...

Your post made me chuckle. Nothing wrong with soup in various forms, sounds like a good menu to me...

Ginnie said...

I've haven't got my kraft food magazine in a looong time. Like I always say, if it has cream of mushroom soup or cream cheese you'll find it at kraft.

amyorr said...

I might have to copy your menu. I hate thinking of what to make.SOunds yummy!

Angela said...

Those meals look yummy. I need to get some of the recipes.

somestratt said...

so, you have a problem with meals made with cream cheese or soups huh? Happens that those are my favorites! They are easy, and that is what makes them my favorites!!! Of course, if we remember our old deal, I wouldn't want you only wanting meals made with cream cheese and soup...you know, the deal where you are the cook for both our families, and I am the cleaner. Ah...what a dream! (not cleaning, but not having to cook!)

Chris said...

Nope, I don't have a problem with soup or cream cheese. I just don't think it is very healthy to eat them every day. I'm a big fan of semi-homemade. It sure makes life a lot easier.
I would cook something really, really good if you came and cleaned my house! I'll keep dreaming too.:)

somestratt said...

Well then, I will make sure to give you more than an hours notice if we head that way!

Brock and Tyra said...

Would it be alright if you posted your menu every week? That would save us all from the most dreaded chore of all.
By the way...Sadie is so cute. She looks just like you!