Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Life is good!

For the past six months Chris has been working these crazy insane hours. He usually works six days a week and sometimes they are 12 hour shifts. Plus add a move and a new baby. Wow its been very overwhelming. I've always thought that I was pretty good with change, but this one has thrown me for a loop. You might be asking why life is good? Well for the last three weeks Chris has only been working 4 days a week with two twelve hour shifts. I like having him around and so do the girls. Our whole house feels a lot calmer and I finally feel like I can breath again. Such a good feeling!

4 comments:

Ginnie said...

so what's worse, dental school or work? Don't tell me work. I don't think I would be able to live through that.

Angela said...

I think dental school prepares you for some of the insanity of your early work life.

It is amazing what a difference it makes to have daddy around. I feel your pain! I only wish we lived closer to each other, then at least we'd have a "new dentist" support group.

somestratt said...

Should we start singing the Hallelujah chorus, or is this temporary. I hope for your sanity sake, and for the girls that the shorter hours are more permanent. Long hours should be renamed "life suckers." See, you could say, "Ugh, Chris had been putting in some real life suckers lately. I am really feeling dead." It would make sense, since it is true. So glad you are getting some life back!!

Chris said...

I don't know that life now is worse than school. I would recommend getting into a WELL established office. That would make life easier.
Ange, I would give almost anything to have you here or us there. Sounds like we would be good for each other.
Laila you always seem to get things just the way they are. His hours should keep getting better. I guess we'll see.