Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nothing says "I Love You" like...

Okay, so before I reveal what my awesome valentines present was. Lets go back to last month. One month ago we celebrated 9 years of wedded bliss. Well sort of. We did have our anniversary, but Chris forgot about it so we didn't really celebrate. Yep he forgot. That's not suppose to happen for another couple of years. So now he's on the hook right? Valentine's Day had better be REALLY good. I even gave him a little help and hinted that Valentines Day is on a Saturday. I'm thinking dinner, movie, maybe skydiving. I don't know just something without kids would be nice.
Chris had to work Saturday morning, but that's okay who does anything in the morning anyways. I get a call at noon and he says come in to my office for awhile. Oh how nice he wants to spend time with me! I get the kids in the car and head down to his office. He has one more patient and then he thinks today is a great day for me to get some dental work done. So I'm sitting there in the chair and Delila from the radio keeps saying "isn't this a great day to be with the one that you love. Even if your not doing anything just hanging out don't you just love today." And I'm thinking I don't think her husband ever gave her a root canal for Valentines Day.

12 comments:

Ginnie said...

Oh, that made me laugh!

amyorr said...

Yeah, never heard of that kind of gift. You need to post more!

somestratt said...

Now that is a priceless valentines gift! Way to go Chris! (Did he do something romantic later???)

Crystal said...

That is so darn funny! Hey at least you didn't have to pay for that root canal!!!

Sarah said...

so I guess Chris is beyond the little hints, yeah? time to make the plans, book the sitter and go out? I think you could submit your story to one of those readers digest joke thingies : )

E n D said...

Oh how sweet, a root canal for V-day. Now that's orignal!

The Perry family said...

As if emotional pain (forgotten anniversary) isn't enough!
Please post something that shows he did something, just a little something on the romantic side.

On another note, hope you guys are doing well. It was good to see a post from you!

em said...

Ok, that's the best Valentine's story I've ever heard! Thanks for enduring a romantic root canal so the rest of us could be amused. And sympathetic. I sure hope he made up for it big time. When's your bday?? He better DELIVER for that!

Cassie said...

Kendra..that just makes me laugh!! He owes you BIG TIME!!

Angela said...

I love that story! Oh dear, dear Chris! Would you like me to start sending him reminder emails when significant events are coming up?

Cheryl said...

Kendra, that is so funny! I am so happy that you found my blog. I couldn't remember the address to yours and have been searching for it ever since I decided to get into blogging. It somehow got deleted when I changed my e-mail address. You all look like you are are doing so well, it's great to see you again.

Brock and Tyra said...

They say the ones we love are the ones that can hurt us the most.